ZMD AG (ZMDI) announces the new ZSSC3018 High-Resolution 18-Bit Sensor Signal Conditioner (SSC). As a global supplier of analog and mixed-signal solutions for automotive, industrial, medical, information technology and consumer applications, ZMDI is pleased to introduce an SSC designed for high-resolution sensor module applications. The ZSSC3018 is available in a PQFN24 package.
The ZSSC3018 can perform offset, span, and 1st and 2nd order temperature compensation of the measured signal. Developed for correction of resistive bridge or absolute voltage sensors, it can also provide a corrected temperature output measured with an internal sensor. The ZSSC3018 has calibration coefficients that are stored on-chip in a highly reliable, non-volatile, multiple-time programmable (MTP) memory which enables simple programming via the serial interface. The ZSSC3018 provides accelerated signal processing, increased resolution, and improved noise immunity in order to support high-speed control, safety, and real-time sensing applications with highest requirements for energy efficiency.
- Flexible, programmable analog front-end design; up to 18-bit analog-to-digital converter (ADC)
- Fully programmable gain amplifier with gain range from 6.6 to 216 (linear factor)
- Internal auto-compensated temperature sensor
- Digital compensation of individual sensor offset, 1st and 2nd order sensor gain, and 1st and 2nd order temperature gain and offset drift
- Programmable interrupt operation
- High-speed sensing: e.g., 16-bit conditioned sensor signal measurement rate > 500/s
- Typical sensor elements can achieve an accuracy of better than ±0.01% full-scale output
- Operating temperature range: –40 °C to 125 °C
- Supply voltage range: 1.68 V to 3.6 V
- Low typical current consumption: ~1.0 mA in operating mode; 50 nA in sleep state at ≤125 °C; 20 nA in sleep state at ≤85 °C
- Portable navigation systems
- Industrial pressure sensing
- Pneumatic and liquid pressure sensors
- Weather forecasting systems
- Fan control
- High-resolution temperature measurements
The ZSSC3018 is in full production. Parts and evaluation kits are available from ZMDI and can be requested through the ZSSC3018 Dashboard as well as its distribution partners.